Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Honeymoon

Let the honeymoon begin. Mr. and Mrs. Marco got up early to view and choose our wedding photos - which turned out very nice might I add. We then began an adventure into the Jamaican jungle on a zip line canopy tour. See video where I fully declared who I now am - Mrs. Ireland.

Tuesday 12/30

Due to incorrect times in the hotel lobby, we missed our bus that was taking us to play golf. We decided to book an ocean safari tour for the afternoon instead and hit the beach for a while. Marco discovered that the snorkeling boat was leaving shortly after we arrived on the beach. So he signed us up. Snorkeling was beautiful, we viewed a shipwreck and reef... and then I started to feel not so good. It was then that I remembered getting sick the last few times I had went snorkeling. I swam back to the boat and tried not to loose it and gross everyone out for the trip back to shore. I didn't toss cookies but I'm sure I was a light shade of green. Needless to say, we had to cancel the ocean safari. Instead, we booked a more land based trip - a jeep safari and trip to the famous Dunns River Falls. The famous thing to do at Dunns River falls is to climb the waterfall from the ocean to the top. I'm not talking about a trail next to the falls. I'm talking walk up the steep rocks with water gushing. It looked like a death sentence and I was not too sure about all of it. But, after I saw what looked like a three hundred pound woman and a seventy year old man trekking up the falls. I couldn't not give it a shot. Hmmm - risk death or look like a wuss. Better not look like a wuss. Our guide makes us line up boy-girl-boy-girl and hold hands while climbing - which I think is completely idiotic. Picture a chain of people holding hands, climbing steep, slippery rocks while water gushes over them. One goes down, they all go down. Despite my thinking that this is clearly one of the riskiest, stupidest things we could be doing, I do it anyways. We made it to the top. Phey. Then, we got into our jeep with the rest of the group and went off-roading up the mountains in Jamaica. At the top of one, we stopped and our guides chopped up fresh local fruit (oranges, tangerines, coconuts, pineapple, sugarcane) and gave us rum punch and facts about Jamaica. It was a pretty cool trip - after sunset we were taken back to our hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment