Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas 2009


This year for Christmas, I had someone to decorate and bake with ... MARCO! First, we drug home a nice tree, and then I tried to decorate it. After putting the lights and garland on, I asked Marco to help me light it. Probably should have involved him sooner. Apparently I strung up the lights in such a way that the outlet connector was in the middle of the tree. But, he is a resourceful man and fixed it up perfectly without having to undo all of my work. Genius.

Then we made sugar cookies and ginger bread men to help along the festive mood. And to what did our wondering eyes did appear? We discovered that, while we are good at cutting and baking sugar cookies - we are NOT good at decorating them. We could never own a bakery. The were VERY tasty, but very ugly cookies. The worst were the angels. I made fun of Marco when he decorated his first one and told him they looked more like halloween ghosts, but then when it was my turn I could do no better. So, instead of angels, here they are: The ghosts of christmas past, present and future.

Side note, we did NOT eat all of these cookies. Instead, I hatched an evil plan to bring a tupperware full of them every day to work until they were gone. Everyone in my department is now on a new year's diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment