Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Golf on New Year's Eve


Woo hoo! We made it on time to catch the Golf bus this morning. Upon arriving at the course, we were assigned our rental clubs and caddie. Poor guy- we didn't rend a card. Giffy (our caddie) carried two full sets of clubs for 18 holes in the warm Jamaican sun. Neither of us had ever had a caddie before - it was nice for me because he gave me a lot of tips and I liked the fact that he picked my clubs for me. Not that I can't pick my own - but he gave me clubs I wouldn't normally have used in certain situations. I think it helped to make me think outside the box or my comfort zone.

After our round, we chilled by the pool (prounounced "peeyoul" for you Family Guy fans), played a little volleyball, then went to dinner. I'm such a sleepyhead that there was about zero chance of me making it to midnight for the New Year's bash, so my ingenious husband suggested a nap after dinner. I slept from about 830 - 1130when he then woke me up so we could go to the New Year's Eve Party. Jammin to the Reggae, we rang in the New Year on Jamaican soil and wearing flip flops. I've decided that every New Year should be this warm - especially after watching everyone in New York freezing their butts off in Times Square. No envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment