Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving this year was spent at Marco's Mom's house (Blog Name: Bella Chemie) in Long Island. My dad flew in from Utah for the weekend and we did fun things like go to see Young Frankenstein on Broadway and also went to the Ranger's game. Marco is not a hockey fan but he endured it well, up until they started singing some special "goal" song. He sat in his seat while the rest of us stood up and sang - he looked like he wanted to be shot as evidenced by this video.

Hockey fans in New York are a special breed - very similar to Mets fans. They tend to have a seedy and crude quality. Lots of yelling and beer - more so than for other sports or teams. It was an experience - my first Ranger game. I can cross that one off my bucket list now.

The actual turkey day was nice - we stuffed ourselves as usual and Marco's mom made a fantastic dinner. I'm not just writing that because I know she is going to read this (woo hoo, brownie points baby!).

This year I have more to be thankful for: I had made it through a round of layoffs at work. As we all know how things are right now with the economic situation across the globe we share in the fear and sadness of those who were not as lucky to be able to keep working. I was also thankful for my father being able to come to Thanksgiving and meet some of my future in-laws and that both mine and Marco's families are healthy and doing well. And, lastly, still high off engagement, I am very thankful to have a great man in my life who wants to marry me. Go figure.

And, how I escaped an entire holiday with no Turkey day pictures is beyond me. So, here's to hockey pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment